Wednesday, November 9, 2011

TES: Skyrim Countdown

For those of you who remain unaware, the next installment in Bethesda's phenomenal open-world action RPG series The Elder Scrolls is set to be released simultaneously for the PC, PS3, and XBox 360 this Friday, November 11th. Before you ask, I do indeed have my PS3 copy pre-ordered and intend to pick it up at the midnight launch! I'll spend as much of my weekend as possible cranking through the game and will be back next week with a review.

Here's what we know so far: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim takes place approximately two hundred years after the events of the 2006 installment, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. The player takes on the role of a hero of prophecy known as the Dragonborn ("Doväkiin" in the draconic tongue) who is destined to defeat the Dragon God of Destruction Alduin before he can bring about the end of the world. There are, of course, a number of features that have already been announced, as well as numerous gameplay videos and developer diaries. But I won't spoil them for you here, as I know that much of the excitement in a new game comes from discovering the awesome features for myself as I play.

Have any comments on the game, pre- or post-release? Feel free to drop them below! Until next week, enjoy your adventures in Skyrim!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below!